Studioing: Audio Books 2
I am still using Caleb's audible account. Only he has caught on to my rabid book downloading and I had to pay for this year's subscription. A SMALL SACRIFICE for endless hours of bookish joy. Here are my favourites from the past year.
1. Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugenides. I like titles with the word 'middle' in them.
2. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, Junot Diaz.
3. Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, Susanna Clarke. I read this one already years ago, but didn't recall much other than liking it. Plus I like long-ish listens. Even more so when Simon Prebble is doing the reading. This one, like Kavalier and Clay, I wished would keep going on and on.
4. North and South, Elizabeth Gaskell. Which I've gone on about before.
5. The Goldfinch, Donna Tartt. Me and novels about art history are destined to go together.